Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sock Puppets

I was looking at the list I posted about a month ago - 40 Things to Do with Your Preschooler - and decided to do #25 - Make sock puppets.  It was fun and easy.  My preschooler mostly just picked out the eyes and the pom poms and decided where the fuzzy pipe cleaner should go.  I handled the hot glue gun and the puffy paint.  All in all, it took about 15 minutes.  The hard part is that we can't play with them until tomorrow because of the paint having to dry.  If I could do it over, I probably would just hot glue some fabric for the mouth, so it would be instantly finished.


Supplies Needed:
Puffy paint
Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
Old socks
Pom poms
Googly eyes
Other odds and ends such as fuzzy pipe cleaners, scrap fabric, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment