Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Apple Pancake Wheels



I saw this idea for Apple Pancake Wheels on Pinterest and decided to give it a try for breakfast this morning.  All you need is an apple and pancake mix.

First, core and peel an apple.  Then cut it into pinwheel shapes as shown.

Next, mix up the pancake batter.  Heat 1 Tbsp. of butter on a skillet to medium-high heat.  Coat apple slices in batter and throw in the skillet.  Cook each side for about 3 or 4 minutes (it takes longer than a regular pancake).

And there you have it - Apple Pancake Wheels.  I thought they were wonderful, but my son said he liked traditional pancakes better.  I had some batter left over and some overripe bananas on hand, so… I coated chunks of bananas in the batter and cooked them (results can be seen below).  The bananas got mushy, so they don't look too pretty, but they actually tasted great. I'm going to save and see if I can pass them off as a snack for later.


No comments:

Post a Comment